Winter is upon us! That means lower temperatures and higher heating bills. Take the initiative to save money this year with these five tips from Rob DiBona of Petro Home Services.
1. Set your ceiling fan to spin clockwise to blow hot air down.
2. Lower the temperature when you leave the house. People who lower their thermostat between 7 to 10 degrees for eight hours a day can experience up to 10 percent savings annually on their heating expenses.
3. Speaking of thermostats, a programmable thermostat is a cost-effective way to ensure that your heat is on only when you need it.
4. Use weather strips around doors and windows to keep warm air from escaping.
5. Hanging up heavy curtains is a must during the winter months. Opening your curtains during the day will naturally heat your home and closing them at night will help keep warm air inside.